PREPARATION TIME : 5mins
COOKING TIME : 5mins
TOTAL TIME : 10min
- Wheat ravva – 1cup
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Cooking soda – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger grated – 1 tsp
- Green chillies( finely chopped) – 1 1/2 tsp
- Vermicelli – 1/4 cup
- Carrot grated – 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Oil to grease idle plate.
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Urad dal (black gram) – 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 2-3
- Fresh coriander – 1 tsp
- In a vessel add all the ingredients. except carrot.
- Add lil water to bring it as idle batter ( i.e not watery , not thick , just as moderate).
- Take a pan heat oil n add all Tempering.
- Add this Tempering to idle batter.
- Leave it for 2 mins.
- Mean while grease the idle plates with lil oil n add carrot to all plate hole’s.
- Now add idle batter to plates n put in idle cocker n on stove for 5 mins. See once in between if cooked.
- Remove from plates n serve hot ravva idles.
- These idles we can take it with any pickles r chutneys.
- If u r using microwave then grease the tray n add carrot to the tray bottom.
- Add idle batter to tray n microwave it at 180°c for 3 to 4 mins. See if cooked r not .
- If not cook for another 2 to 3 mins.
- Please cover the tray other wise idle will not be soft .
Hope u all will like my wheat ravva idles. Any queries about cooking u r welcome.