Hai thanks for liking n following my blog.today i am posting another dish came from my family. U should have to spend some time to prepare this dish. Mainly for balls because we r making small balls n it will take time. In joint family where there will be 10 n more then it will be easy if some one helps u but if no one r there to help then u must have time n patience. But if u taste this dish then u will not leave it for sure. Mainly children now a days if we say about green vegetables they will make faces. In this they will love n can’t find leaves n it will be good for both rice n roti. Generally there is a saying that south Indians will live to eat. Yes we love to eat n will give lot of variations to our dishes. I tried it in pizza also. I loved it.
Preparation time : 20 mins
Cooking time : 25 mins
Total time : 45 mins
Serves : 5 members
- Onions medium : 4 to 5
- Fenugreek leaves : 1cup
- Chilli powder : 1/4 tsp
- Cumin seeds : 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil : 3 tbsp
For balls :
- Besan ( gram flour) : 250 GM’s
- Chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric : 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala : 1 pinch
- Ginger garlic paste : 1/2 tsp
- Water for kneading
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ball making ingredients in a bowl without lumps.
- Add little little water n make it as chapati dough.
- Make 1/2 inch small balls as u see in picture.
- Keep aside
- Finely chop onion’s.
- After heating pan r kadai pour oil n add cumin seeds.
- Add onions n balls.
- Add lil salt for onions to cook fastly.
- Keep flame in medium n place a lid on pan.
- Stir occasionally n let it cook.
- Clean the fenugreek leaves n keep aside.
- When balls r 3/4 cooked ( take a ball n break it u can see a lil bit of rawness in middle of ball).
- Then add fenugreek leaves reduce flame to low.
- Stir n add salt for leaves.
- Add chilli powder stir n remove the lid.
- Fry it without lid from now
- Stir occasionally n let the leaves fry.
- When The dish is dry n started leaving oil remove from flame.
- Methi balls r ready to serve.
While making balls add water lil to gram flour because gram flour will abserve water so be careful while kneading balls dough.