Hai thanks for liking, following n commenting on my blog. We South Indians r fond of food. Whatever it is. This recipe is a combination of basen n betel leaf fried in oil.
preparation time : 5 mins
cooking time : 10 mins
total time : 15 mins
- Betel leaves : 5
- Gram flour (basen) : 1 cup
- Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
- Cooking soda : 1/4 tsp
- salt to taste
- oil for frying.
- Take oil in a Kadhai heat it in low flame.
- Mean while take betel leaves wash n clean n cut it into 2.
- Ifleaves r big cut them into 3.
- Take a bowl add gram flour, salt, fennel seeds, cooking soda n mix well.
- Now by adding little water mix then into thick batter with out lumps.
- Keep oil Kadhai in medium flame n dip betel leaf in gram flour batter holds one end.
- now drop slantly in oil. U can fry 3 to 4 betel leaves dipped at a time.
- stir n fry evenly. When Baji turned golden brown colour remove.
- Place in kitchen Napkin to remove excess oil if any.
- betel leaf Baji is ready to serve.
take betel leaves same size n see that batter should not be too thick r too thin.