Hai all. Thanks for liking, following n commenting on my blog. This is different from regular gulab jamun. I saw this in news paper n tried it but I got hard jamuns. Then I added milk powder n lessen maida. Then I got soft soft jamuns.
So I tried in some function n every one praised. I liked it very much. Muskmelon is one of favourite so with this combination I will like every dish. U will get mild taste of muskmelon when u eat these jamuns.
First time eaters can get different taste but can’t guess it as muskmelon.
Preparation time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 25 mins
Total time : 40 mins
• Muskmelon ( karbuja) small : 1
• Maida( all purpose flour) : 1 tbsp
• Milk powder : 2 tbsp
• Cooking soda : ¼ tsp
• Sugar : 1 cup
• Water : ¾ cup
• Ghee : 1 tsp
• Corn flour : 1 tbsp
• Oil for frying.
• Peel muskmelon n cut half n remove seeds.
• Cut into small pieces n made a fine paste using mixer grinder.
• In a medium pan add muskmelon paste add ghee.
• Stir continuously till water evaporates.
• Take the pulp in a bowl and add milk powder n Maida.
• Mix into a dough( the plup will be enough no need to add water).
• Take sugar in thick bottom vessel add water.
• In medium flame boil till sugar dissolves.
• In mean while add oil to kadai n heat in low flame.
• Mean while make small balls from dough.
• When oil came to medium heat take balls n dust in corn flour n drop those balls in oil.
• Stir the balls till they turn in golden brown colour.
• Remove n add them in sugar syrup.
• Keep in low flame n boil jamun sugar syrup for 5 mins.
• So that the syrup goes into jamuns.
• Muskmelon gulab jamuns r ready to serve.
While mixing dough don’t be hard while mixing be gentle so that the balls will be soft.